Sometimes when I worship I feel joy bubbling up deep on the inside, and, like a volcano erupts with hot lava, I can’t resist breaking out in laughter. I don’t care if I look silly or if people around me stare. I cannot contain the joy because it is an overflow of a love encounter with Jesus.
When you encounter His presence, it is impossible not to respond. Sometimes we respond with tears. Sometimes in dancing. And sometimes, with laughter … because in His presence is fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11).
If you ever see a smile plastered across my face in worship, it’s because I’m beholding the very face of Jesus.
Beholding Him brings joy. Because He is joyful. He is beautiful. He is glorious. And He is victorious.
As wonderful as it is to experience these gifts of being in relationship with Jesus, it’s not enough to keep His love and joy to ourselves. The world is full of billions of people who need real love and real joy — the things that can only be found in Him.
This week on the podcast, we’re chatting about how to be a carrier of joy and radiate joy to everyone we meet. You can listen to the podcast for an in-depth conversation on the topic, but today, I want to highlight a few things from my conversation with Rochelle that I believe will bless you as you consider ways you can be a blessing to others:
Simple Ways to Radiate Joy
This is not an exhaustive list, but, I’d love to hear about your experience in putting them into practice in the real world!
- Smile more
- Show up
- Offer to pray for someone in public
- Call the friend who usually calls you
- Make a meal for a neighbor next door
- Spend more time in the secret place (the more we have of Him, the more joy we can give away)
- Pay attention! Let people know you’re glad to be with them
- Celebrate someone
- Buy the drink of the person behind you at Starbucks
- Strike up a conversation with your waiter or the person at the check out counter
- Tip someone high even when they don’t deserve it
- Take care of your neighbors
- Practice gratitude
- Share your testimony of how you have found joy in Jesus
- Treat your friends to a night out
- Treat your man to his favorite dinner
- Buy something small to show a friend you care
- Keep Jesus at the center of everything you do!
What do you do to give joy to the world around you? Tell us in the comments and have a lovely week!
Lauren is a national speaker, author and Bible teacher. The founder and president of She Found Joy, she is a passionate about helping others encounter Jesus in a way that refreshes their faith and fills them to overflowing with His love and joy. Lauren lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, with her husband, Alex and their dog Reese.